Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hairy Business

Today, I finally booked myself with the hair salon and spent 4 hrs in there. Got my hair cut and coloured.

And the result? I look like I am back to Secondary School - with that classic girl next door kinda hair cut. But with the Ah Lian highlights.. V. Shiok!! Hair salon is one of my many therapies, nothing is more shiok than going into a hair salon and have all your tresses cut off, layered, snipped, coloured etc while you sit there and stone..

And then, this Bob cut is supposed to be the forever trendy and hip cut. But it actually made me look like I am back in Secondary School leh.

Makes me think back in my secondary school, where girls have to maintain short hair unless they are dancers (- never understood that logic by the way), all of us girls were actually spotting the most trendy bob hairstyle already lah? To think we were complaining how boring our hairstyle was, how limiting, no human right bla bla bla.. when it was supposed to be the most classic of cuts leh..

See, it is all about marketing... sigh. But as this cut now falls on my this 15+ years older face, the effect a bit different lah. Can't decide if I like or dun like, so decide to put Hubby through the test:

So do you like my new hair? I asked
OK - He replied.
Then he said something which i think I cannot blog here, no matter how audacious I am.

So I conclude that he prefers gals with long hair - ala the Korean stars I think.. Eh.. come to think of it, he also like, never like any of my haircuts- there has never been a time when he will see and go like stunned (in a good way of course lah)

So either men dun spontaneously comment on gals new hair, or he doesn't like my hair.. but its ok. Its my hair and my life.. I likez can already. he can like other aspects of me.

Anyway, then I want to share this uneasiness i have with male hairdresser washing my hair.
Today is the first time I have a male, and quite a good looking one indeed, wash my hair. Quite amazing hor, for like30 years, only females been washing my hair.. hmm..

So, as I lie there, and him taking quite some time fiddling, stroking, massaging my hair, and then pressing my ears to prevent water from going in, I felt a bit uneasy, eh, maybe a bit violated (maybe too strong a word, but you know what I mean)..

It made me realise that hair washing is a rather intimate act. Having a man do it does not work for me. Maybe it is because he is good looking.. maybe because I am lying down, the body dynamics not good, maybe washing hair is quite intimate really.. but it is definitely something I rather not have anyone do except maybe Hubby..

So I will request for females only next time.. but how to ensure leh without seeming weird? hm..

And i wonder if hubby feels intimate too with the female hairdresser washing his hair.. hm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home