Saturday, February 3, 2007

Fighting and Screaming

Really lousy start to the weekend.. Hubby and I have a fight. Or more specifically I have a fight with Hubby.

It's been quite some time since I last had a shouting fight with Hubby. Such fights are usually manifestation of long periods of stress and frustration and unhappiness over things and events, which finally cumulated into a screaming climax..

And the fuse this time was the hectic moving and cleaning, as we moved into our new house for a about a week now.

Think I really hated moving, and the long periods of time needed to unpack, wash and clean..
The unpacking seems endless;
And after each unpacking, the cleaning and dusting are arduous..

It is a vicious cycle: unpack, fix, clean, and dust. And then so it starts again.

I am tired and so tired of the cycle.

Just when I thought the cycle is coming to an end, finally, after this long week of cleaning and dusting, the carpenters are here to fix the shelves in the store. So it starts again and I am totally aggravated!

I am sure months later I won't even remember this episode, but right then, tears flowing and voice cracking, I really had to let it out.. Perhaps it is a way to manage my frustration.. I hate keeping it inside and hoping that the bad stuff will go away, most of the time, they dun go away but become a foundation on for other bad stuff to build on till I have to let it all out..

After the storm, the silence seems peaceful.. and calming.. and I still feel lousy, but lousily better. Its like having a big pimple, after all squeezing, one has to bear with the swelling, redness before it will get better.

Everything needs time to heal, even a lousy day..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home