Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Birthday Present to Myself

I just turn 30 today, and to mark this milestone, I release this blog which I have been preparing and planning for some months.

It all started when I received a returned mail which I sent out to a person whom I have the greatest love and respect for.

"This person has not stayed here for the past 2 years"

And I felt stunned and lost reading these words on the returned mail.

I no longer know how to contact the person, I do not even know if he is alive and well.. He has been always in my thoughts even though our contact has been infrequent.. living across the pacific ocean, and just learning how to use the computer and email, we still communicated by snail mail - something he is most comfortable in.. But that also meant the frequency of contact was much much lesser than the now common email, which is the more convenient form of communication.

And now, all that I have written, all the updates since we last corresponded are returned to me, without a forwarding address.. The returned mail was an awakening for me.

I hate the helplessness of not being able to send that letter bearing all my thoughts, my hopes, my care, concern, love and well, ME.

And hence, the title of this blog - Letters without Stamps..

I want to share my thoughts and muses; while letters need an address to be sent, a blog does not need an address.

And I enclose here all my thoughts and my world without the need for a stamp.

If you ever come across this blog, Mr. A.C, pls know that once again, you have touched my life in an amazing way.

I am already 30; you first touched my life when I was only 17. But because of your touch, my life for the past decades has been forever changed, and for that, I am eternally grateful to have met you. Always in my thoughts. Miew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home