Sunday, June 3, 2007

Return of The Drinking Queen



Last Wednesday, given the public holiday on Thursday, I feel like going to Zouk.. but did not go in the end.. work took my mind away...

But my alcohol in-take for the past week, was more than what i had last year.. since I was pregnant with En 2 years ago, i stopped drinking. NOt even a tiny drop of alcohol, even after I delivered him, I was careful not to drink - and sure enough before long I was pregnant with my second kid again..

But last weekend, I am back to enjoying my drinks..
On Friday night, we had drinks at Cafe Del Mar, I had my usual magarita (an assessment of how good the club is, then I had a lychee martini and followed by coffee.. *win* after the liquor has drown my sense, I had coffee to perk me up.

The tonight, Mr. A and Ms. L came over. And we have my fav. Reisling, and following by a mean Shiraz..

Now I am still lucidly blogging..
I can hold my drinks rather well.. am well trained from all the cheong-ing days.

But now, I find i enjoyed my drinks more. In the past, I drink to test my limits, or to vent my frustrations, hoping to get sordidly drunk so that I can have some momentary escapes from whatever problems I faced.

However, now drinking is about un-winding.. and about the company, and about the conversation..

Now that Hubby learnt to enjoy the Red after his China trip.. I have a new drink buddy!
We are shopping for a wine chiller, so we can expand our liquor collection.. Hooray!

To more grapes-turned-gorgeous wine..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home